Minimalistic skin for foobar2000 v.1.2.9
and Windows 7
! (UI_Hacks not working on W8?) Thanks a LOT for the DailyDev! I'm really pleased you guys like this skin.
10,000 views! Yeah!
First-of-all , I give thanks and credit
for his Placebo Monolithic v3
, to ~Br3tt
for his CoverFlow v.1.4
, to ~thanhdat1710
for his WSH Library search v1
and to ~MacStew
for his rating WSH panel mod
Unzip everything to a portable installation folder
, overwrite everything and run.To install in a normally installed foobar
- Use a fresh installation to avoid compatibility issues.
- Once the skin is installed, remember to untick the "Safe Mode" for WSH : Prefs/Tools/WSH.
- Paste "skins", "components" and "configuration" folders into the foobar2000 directory and overwrite everything.
- Go to [USER]AppDataRoaming and create a "foobar2000" folder, then copy "skins" and "configuration" into OR launch foobar, it will create the AppData folder, and then copy the folders, to make sure the configuration files won't be overwritten.
- Install Shpeck and the fonts.
- Then start.
Pretty much everything is written on the picture.
- The use of UI_Hacks causes some mess with GDI text rendering. Over a light background, text strings in the Explorer and CoverFlow tabs will appear non-antialiased, whereas they will appear antialiased over dark background. I eluded the problem on the Lyrics and Bio tabs by deactivating the antialiasing, but it would be great if someone had an efficient trick.
- If you want to extend the aero blur effect to the entire window (that was my first purpose), go to Prefs/Main Window and select "sheet of glass" instead of "glass frame".
- To move the window, maintain the mouse scroll button down. You can change it in Prefs/Main Window.
- If you resize your foobar window, you may want to allow more or less space to the Now Playing string : go to Prefs/ColumnsUI/Layout/[first Panel Stack Splitter]/[COMMANDS]/Configure/Script and it's somewhere in the last lines. Default value is 25.
- Click anywhere on the Now Playling string to activate the playing track in the ELplaylist.
- The weblinks panel is modified from marc20003's one on a skin called "Gas" (I couldn't find it a week later) ; I left the Spotify search command, but as I don't have Spotify, I couldn't check on it. A feedback would be very appreciated.
- Don't forget to install the included fonts.
- In order to use Shpeck, you'll have to install Winamp (only the .exe is needed, you can delete all the other files) and paste the "Plugins" folder included in this archive in the Winamp directory. If the visualization is not automatically started, go to Prefs/Visualizations/Shpeck, point the .exe, select the Classic Spectrum Analyzer in the list and hit "Start".
- If you'd like to modify the buttons, the (messy) .psd files are here. The default color values are pure white, alpha 20%/80% ; black 30-30-30, alpha 20%/80%.
suggested a background for the score board (screenshot
) ; to do so, put your image into the images folder and add an $imageabs function in Prefs/ColumnsUI/[first Panel Stack Splitter]/Configure/COMMANDS/Configure/Script.Minor bugs
- The first time you'll start foobar, the rating panel will crash. I don't have any clue why, it never happened with the installation in which I built the skin. Don't worry, start playing a track, reload the script (right click/Configure/Ok) and it will work as a charm.
- The weblinks probably won't show up at first start either, but again play a track and they'll appear. I must have missed something somewhere, sorry for that. Might not happen on a normal installation.
this skin lies on the UI_Hacks component, which is frequently flagged as trojan or virus (cf. its name).
One of the wallpapers is here
and I lost the other one.